Thursday, March 17, 2011

Marilyn's Applique Quilt

Hello Marilyn,
I went online to look for a design suitable for the square-in-square block in the
alternating blocks of your applique quilt. I found 2 lovely border designs that I think you will like. One is curved and the other is straight. I was thinking that the curved applique border could run end-to-end along the border on each end and the straight one would be centered between the two ends of each outer 6" border. What do you think about that?










I found several designs for the block. The name of the design in on each photo is in small print. If you like any of these block designs, make note of the name and forward that to me via email.

I have to say that I was not thrilled with the choices as I wanted a design that more closely resembled the applique work. When I could not find anything like that, I designed it on my computer last night. I stitched out the "ghosted" design this morning on a practice piece. I inked in a block with the "piecing" marked so you can see that the design will stitch over the outer triangles in the square. If you like this one, we can use that in the alternating blocks. I call it Marilyn's Ghost.






Here are some other choices.












No comments: