Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilting Designs

Here are some choices of edge-to-edge (E2E) designs for quilts. I have hundreds
more if none of these are what you are looking for. Or you can leave the design decision to me. I always consider the size of the piecing first.

If the quilt is constructed of big blocks, then it can support an open and airy pattern. On the flip side of that, small piecing patterns require more quilting to stabilize all the seams so a quilting pattern with more density would be the best choice.
The fabric sometimes gives a clue for the quilting pattern. If you chose fabric with paisleys or swirls to piece your quilt, you must like those designs. I would look for a quilting pattern with these designs in the pattern.

Take a look at this portfolio of designs and let me know what you think.




















No comments: